• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 09:53:27 pm

Illness

Started by carolK, October 20, 2008, 12:56:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

carolK

Hi, I am new to this board.  I am very ill and was wondering where to post my comments about being ill for over 10 years and how this is causing me feelings beyond anything I ever felt when I was healthy. Recently, I can no longer walk other then to the car, for the pain is so bad.  I do have a wonderful husband but I cannot really talk to him about how I feel inside and the struggles I have.  I am watching my life pass me by.  My husband almost died in August which also just about did me.  I new we did not have life insurance, as he said it was a waste of money.  If he died I would have noone and I would have lost the house.  My family is not there for me.  I became ill in my late 20's.  I was a very healthy person, I worked since I was 14, had two college degrees and owned my own business which I worked until for 9 years ill until I just collapsed in 1998. I am dealing with so much it is breaking my spirit.  I could really use some guidance.  I was a very happy person, always looking at the beauty in life... I am not saying I was perfect, but I a caring, honest person.

I recently found a doctor in MI who is treating people like me, CFS, Lyme disease.  But he wants me to be in MI for 6 weeks.  I am trying to get him to allow my doctor in FL to treat me, but he told me no. He also told me  I could not be alone up there, for I cannot take care of myself. 

I have written him a letter and my doctor is trying to call him.  I am very nervious and scared at the thought of going to MI alone and again I am not sure he will even treat me if I could.  

This is a very progressive and devasting disease in which the public has little awareness of.  I was in excellent health and never went to a doctors other then when I was 5 years old for a cold. 

I was just wondering if this group is open to helping people like me that have an illness and are in need of support.

thank you very much,
carol

David Dupree

Hi Carol,

Welcome to deepwaters.  I am glad that you sought out help through this forum.  I am confident that many of our faithful-some who post and some who only drop by to read-are already interceding on your behalf as am I. 

One thing for sure:  God is still in the healing business and CFS is no match for an all Powerful God.  Praise the Lord!! 

I am sure my wife will be responding to you soon.  But in the meantime, you must see yourself healed.  You need to begin to speak healing into your body.  Speak life into your body and into your situation.  Speak positive.  Trust God to bring you out and don't worry about what you don't see in the natural.  Just focus on what you do see in the spirit.  See yourself strong, see yourself whole, see yourself walking without assistance.  See yourself back in your business.  SEE IT!!

Jesus came that we may have life and that life more abundantly.   He wishes above all things that we would prosper and be in health, even as our soul prospers.  Are you feeding your soul?  Through prayer?  Through worship? Through praise?  Through fellowship? Through the Word? 

If you are walking in ordered steps, then trust the Holy Spirit to lead you as to how to work out the situation with the doctors. 

I pray you receive a soon breakthrough and a quick turnabout in your situation in Jesus' name. 

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

Forum Administrator

Hi carolK. First let me echo my husband's thoughts by boldly declaring that Jesus is the same, yesterday and forever! He was sent to heal all manner of diseases and He is able and willing to heal you. I can share with you a wealth of information along those lines. Please contact me offline (via personal message/email) and I will send you some information. In the meantime, the first thought that came to my mind as I reviewed your post is the issue of forgiveness. Is unforgiveness an issue that you are dealing with? If it is, and if you are not comfortable sharing in the open via response to this post, again, please respond to me offline. I have witnessed all manner of diseases healed, and I see no reason for any exception in your case. Let's give the Great Physician the opportunity to examine you. He makes house calls too!  :) I will be waiting to hear back from you.
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

Gracious

Welcome Sister carolK,

Heard about Lyme Disease (Borrelia), but I didn't know how serious it is, or what the symptoms were, sooooo I'd googled the name & uncovered this definition:

Lyme Disease (Borrelia)

"A serious infectious disease: an infectious bacterial disease transmitted by ticks, in which skin rash, fever, and headache precede arthritis and nervous disorder ... named after the town of Lyme, Connecticut - in the 20th century."

There appears to be 3 stages of this disease & from what you've written, it seems that you are experiencing the 3rd stage?

Now you probably may have already heard about this but ... ummm anyways ...

Have you heard of the:

The Lyme Disease Foundation
PO Box 332
Tolland, CT 06084-0332
Phone: 860-870-0070 Fax: 860-870-0080
24 Hour Hotline: 800-886-LYME (5963)
email: info@lyme.org

Here's the "url", so that you can read about it for yourself ... Amen? :)

http://www.lyme.org/

The following "url" deals SPECIFICALLY with a patient's desire to seek care with "another" ... QUALIFIED EXPERIENCED doctor(s) ... should they (the Patient - YOU)  be either uncomfortable with their current healthcare physician ... for whatever the reason.  There's an online form & everything ... check it out. And also, this foundation may be able to help with insurance coverage too!!!

http://www.lyme.org/resources/dr_ref.html

http://www.lyme.org/resources/insurance_brochure.html

My precious sister, ... don't know about you, but what both brutha' & sista Dupree have posted, blessed my soul & I was just ahhh ... passin' by!!!

They both started me praisin' GOD & a scripture from the book of Isaiah, pierced my spirit --- may it be a blessing for you:

Isaiah 59:18-20
(King James Version)

18According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.

19So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

We know that "Isaiah" was a Prophet - a messenger - a mouth-piece of GOD and in the first 39 chapters, Isaiah prophesies doom for a sinful Judah and for all the nations of the world that oppose God.     BUT ... In the last 27 chapters, called "The Book of Comfort", he prophesyed about the restoration of the nation under a divine king. This section includes the "Songs of the Suffering Servant".

My friend, I must tell you & please believe me ... this website "honors" THE "STANDARD" of EXCELLENCE & so do YOU! Though our Madame FA & her anointed husband may be much too humble & modest to say it straight-out!!! ... you have come to a RIGHTEOUS place!!!   Truly GOD has sent you here ... for your good!!!

On this sight, I have witnessed earnest "agape" love, healing & deliverence!!!  Things that only godly people can understand.  No, we may not be perfect ...  But you will find TRUE  & KIND & FIRM MINISTRY in the leadership & postal members. 

What a maaaarvelous place to build  brotherly-sisterly life lasting friendships don't cha' think?

Holy Smooches & you will be in my prayers :-* :-* :-*

Gracious

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&