• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Is this normal??

Started by jennyc, September 16, 2008, 11:54:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jennyc

Is it normal for your bf/gf to talk to their ex? I recently found out my bf has been calling his ex. I saw his phone records and saw her number. I confronted him and immediately ended the relationship. He's been apologizing ever since and saying it's not as bad as I think. How can that be? I just feel betrayed...and I specifically asked him if he talks to his ex and he said no! We have been together almost a year! How can it not be as bad as I think?! What reason would a person have to talk to their ex...they dated 2 years, have no ties now. He says she has Chrons disease and has suicidal thoughts so he calls to check up on her.
http://awmtv.com - A Woman's Mind - Dating, relationships drama and more!

Gracious

Hey jennyc,   :)

I sense that you know the LORD!!!  And because you know JESUS ... you MUST know human compassion.  Because I'm convinced that that's what JESUS is all about ... LOVE - TRUTH & empathy!  YES!!! Our JESUS loved mankind enough to not only endure torture - HE actually BECAME SIN ...  to atone for our sin!

Are you familiar with Chrones Disease ?  Can you imagine being in his ex's health predicament? (Empathy).  You appear not to believe your love interest & most importantly ... you appear not to believe "IN" your love interest ... Amen?

Question?

This may sound strange, but whether he's telling you the truth about the reason why he continued to keep in touch with her ... isn't the real issue ... is it?   The real issue doesn't have a whole lot to do with him at all ... does it? 

You searched the man's phone record's ???

Not trying to be harsh with you ... but .... Ummmm ...  Think about it  my sista' ... what does this say about you???  Does the TRUE underlying issue have to do with you & trust ... as opposed to you & him???  And if this is so, this may not be something that he can do anything about!  Why?  Because perhaps, TRUSTING another human being has a lot  to do with YOU & YOUR OWN INSIGHT!  If there is something within you that calls up a huge red flag, then listen to the voice within ... AND don't be afraid to explore that inner voice.  Because you just may find that The LORD could be waiting patiently to teach you something about yourself!  Sista' we know that GOD is GOD alone & when HE desires to grow us ... guess what?  HE removes ALL distractions ... yup' HE has us walk in the valley ALONE ... as in "solo" ... ya' feel me?

Now, while GOD is speaking my sister ... please try to insure that you RECEIVE HIS help - HIS healing, by extending your GOD - given heart towards others  (Empathy & compassion)... even tho' ... in your eyes ... they may not desrve it!

Hoping that HIS peace covers you, as you press through this test.

Gracious
:-*

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Breathedonme

Not sure how I missed this one, but here goes . . .

Why is it that the boyfriend didn't let you know about his continued friendship with the ex???  To me, that is a problem.