• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

HELP!!!Need Prayer Please.

Started by da2bjeez, June 25, 2008, 04:47:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

da2bjeez

:-[

Hello eveyone I haven't posted here in some time and I'm not sure anyone remembers me. I don't even know where to start there are so many things. God has taken me through some tough times but it seems that things are only getting worse and not any better. I see everyone around me being blessed with husbands, houses,pay increase, children and even large debt payoffs. What is wrong with me? Why am I living pure and holy before God, and some of the things I've been praying for years has not come to past. I had some family problems and God had me to move out on my own. I am now a leader at church and working as a counselor, dealing with deliverance with people. God has really taken me to a diffrent level; however, it is much harder. I find it hard to believe that God would bless me with the desires of my heart. I want to get married I'm tired of being single; I have had plenty of opportunities to marry but never took them because I wanted Gods will above mine, now I not even sure if God hears me. I need prayer I feel like I falling into a deep deprssion and need  loads of prayer, I cannot continue to feel like this I am a minister. Maybe I'm giving to much! I don't know please if any advice!!!
(Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV)
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

bishopbiscuits

Dear Da2bjeez :)

...........Our desires are a combination of wants and needs. Wants being more moment to moment, whimsical, changing and varied. Needs being more concrete, uncompromising, life critical, and connected to our innermost selves.

........Is getting married itself the pinnacle of your desire?
........What is it that you want out of marriage that you feel is lacking now?

....... In the midst of seeing about others needs, it is sometimes necessary to put our own needs momentarily on hold, in order to focus our efforts. However, if we get into the habit of constantly  ignoring our needs and forgetting to address them, it can have side effects.
........There may be anger if you feel somehow betrayed by things not working out the way you wanted (and in your timing. A sense of entitlement, as in "Pay up, God!")
.......There may also be just internal pressure caused by the build-up of hopes, desires, feelings, that you hold onto, and need to release to God. Thoughts and dreams, that need some attention and care.
..........Panic will make it hard to be still and hear from God, because it means there is a fear-driven, wild searching going on. And  a cycle of mounting fears only serves to make you unable to properly respond to what God is trying to tell you.

........When I begin to feel overwhelmed, I make some extra time to share what's on my heart with God. Life gets tough, life is strange and confusing sometimes, and I need to talk plainly with God. Tell Him all of what's on my mind, trust that He hears, be still , and listen for His answers.
........Be honest with Him, and don't be afraid if His answer is not exactly what you desire to hear. It will be the truth. At least with the truth, you can choose how to stand.

........I believe that if you can come to objectively appreciate where you are, you can find a peace and make a truce between where you are and where you want to be. It may be you, the future "him", or both of you that need preparing before going on a journey together. Either way, it may take a little more time. Don't waste any of it in self-pity, envy or jealousy .

........I know what it is like to desire to marry. But I also know some of the things that happen when people divorce because they can no longer walk together in agreement.
....... I believe that  marriage is a wonderful path to walk, though not necessarily "better" than the path of being single. Each has its own challenges, risks, and rewards.
.........Please be patient as He prepares you for what's to come in your life. Every good and perfect gift comes from God.

P.S. If some of what you feel is possibly linked to frustration from being stretched too thin, then  adjust your schedule and how you manage your time. Maybe you just need to make time for a few things that refresh and minister to you, so that you are  at peace when you minister to others.  :) :) :)
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Forum Administrator

We are so blessed in Deep Waters to have such wise counsel and encouragement shared by so many.  Bishop has given you some very wise counsel. Trust God's timing and make the most of your wait. I like to say, live like "he's" not coming. What I mean by that is you should make it your goal to live your life to the fullest now and try not to develop the mindset that says that you are lacking something because you are not married yet. When he comes, he should find you complete and content and he should be the same. Never doubt for a moment that God wants to give you the desires of your heart. Bishop has raised some very penetrating questions. Take some time to think about them and pray about them and we will be praying for you.

P.S. Da2bjeez, no one that comes here is forgotten.  :)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

bishopbiscuits

QuoteP.S. Da2bjeez, no one that comes here is forgotten.

:) :) :)   Ditto  ;) :) :)
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

da2bjeez

Greetings,

I greatly appreciate the response and yes there is a great amount of wise counsel and encouragement here. I recently spoke to one of the alterworkers who advised me that God would make me to be the new leader, and I was like no way God you can't do this; I do not have any help- in other words ( I'm not married), and I do not want to be like Juanita Bynum or Paula White, these woman are anointed don't get me wrong; I just do not want to be in the lime light telling people what to do and giving orders, or calling fast and taking that responsibility. I mean I do some of that now but I really don't want all of that now, at least not yet. I cannot understand in the midst of all of this why I still feel lonely and sometimes afraid of the destiny God has called me to.

There may also be just internal pressure caused by the build-up of hopes, desires, feelings, that you hold onto, and need to release to God. Thoughts and dreams, that need some attention and care.

....Bishop, I would agree with you that there are some build  up of hopes, and some things that I need to release to God, I'm really trying but they just don't seem to be going away :'(. I just want peace of mind and it seems hard to get. This area of my life seems hard to release to God, I don't want to hold on to them but its like a play recording in my mind. I'm really getting tired I feel drained mentally. Help and assist in prayer with this release I really would like to concentrate on other things.
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

MontreatGal

Remember, Jesus didn't promise us everything we want.  He didn't promise us "happiness'.  I heard once:  "God is not concerned with your happiness.  He is concerned with your holiness."  This is not about you getting all the blessings.  That teaching that says God wants us to be blessed is heresy.  We are blessed already because God chose to look upon a worm like me.  Grace is amazing.  Stuff is stupid.  Seek the Lord. The rest doesn't matter.

Take heart!  You are in the disipline of God.  Discipline does not equal punishemnt.  It equals molding and shaping.  You are being made into the image of Christ.  Not easy is it?  But what you need to do is to stop looking at the wind and the waves and start looking to Jesus.  HE is the Author and Finsher of your faith.  Not you.  Not anyone's idea of a perfect life.  Look to Jesus alone.

I know, I know. Easier said than done. 

Maybe you need to do what Jesus told his disciples:  "Come away to a quiet place to get some rest."

I will be praying for you, my friend.  I am in the same boat.

Gracious

Quote from: MontreatGal on August 12, 2008, 05:30:02 pm
Remember, Jesus didn't promise us everything we want.  He didn't promise us "happiness'.  I heard once:  "God is not concerned with your happiness.  He is concerned with your holiness."  This is not about you getting all the blessings.  That teaching that says God wants us to be blessed is heresy.  We are blessed already because God chose to look upon a worm like me.  Grace is amazing.  Stuff is stupid.  Seek the Lord. The rest doesn't matter.

Take heart!  You are in the disipline of God.  Discipline does not equal punishemnt.  It equals molding and shaping.  You are being made into the image of Christ.  Not easy is it?  But what you need to do is to stop looking at the wind and the waves and start looking to Jesus.  HE is the Author and Finsher of your faith.  Not you.  Not anyone's idea of a perfect life.  Look to Jesus alone.

I know, I know. Easier said than done. 

Maybe you need to do what Jesus told his disciples:  "Come away to a quiet place to get some rest."

I will be praying for you, my friend.  I am in the same boat.

Hello "MontrealGal":)

Welcome to Deep Waters, I pray that you will love it here & continue to share with us ... Amen?

Now, ummm concerning your opening paragraph, your thinking regarding our "happiness, our holiness & our Deity (GOD), concerns me.  Here's why:

QuoteHappiness = satisfaction, or joy.
Holiness = Living according to a highly moral religious or spiritual system

To say that: Jesus never promised us "happiness" and or to say or think that ""God is "NOT" concerned with our happiness."  Please forgive me, but appears to be neither biblically, spiritually nor morally correct!

Why do we as Christ-Followers insist upon boxing GOD into to this mold that suits our case?  When we know that our Triune Deity is Sovereign.  Meaning, that HE can do, be and or speak ANY THING that HE chooses, according to HIS Will & Purpose ... none of which, shall we FULLY comprehend until (prayerfully) we are seated next to HIS right hand (beside HIS SON)!

Is our GOD "concerned" with our "happiness" (our satisfaction AND our joy) ... HE most certainly is!  Does our GOD command us to LIVE a LIFE of "holiness" (for Holiness "is" a LIFE STYLE choice ... Amen?) in THIS 1st heaven - on earth ... HE most certainly does! 

Now, regarding all else you've written in your postal response... I REJOICE & am most grateful to say ... AMEN!!!

da2bjeez,

How are you my blessed sister,

And I too, have been right where you are (spiritually AND emotionally) ... Amen? 

Please allow me to join in with others ... interceding for you in prayer, concerning your receiving of the wealth of knowledge that's been posted for you thus far!  Believing that our GOD ... WILL "perfect THAT which concerns you"!

Our timing tends not to be HIS.  Our ways of doing & accepting tend not align perfectly with HIS Will.  But ... OH!  When we "choose" to TRUST HIM who is the author & finisher of our faith, THEN our perspective will change.  Meaning, our DESIRES will shift ... to HIM, and we will surrender our will (our thoughts & desires) to HIM.  And HE will break, melt & reshape them for us ... returning our will back to us new & improved!

Wanting a mate is a GOOD thing ... but suffering to WANT GOD more, will give you a JOY that no mate could possibly give!   Sista' ... I am a living testimony to this!  The moment that YOU ... TRUST JESUS to be your KEEPER, is when your Husband  (NOT boyfriend, datin' partner ... blah-blah-blah, etc.) will be placed before YOU ... seeking ONLY - YOU!!!  And YOUR eyes will be open to HIM & him!!! 'Cause when you've been BLESSED like THAT ... when you've been BLESSED from heaven like THAT ... you will have TRULY been BLESSED ... and it will be worth the wait!!!  I'm tellin' you what I KNOW TO BE TRUE!!!

Lovin' you, :-*

Gracious

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Forum Administrator

Hello MontreatGal. Welcome to Deep Waters. I logged in to post a response a couple days ago but called away. I appreciate you're jumping in to give  encouragement. I do, however, feel the need to add to what has already been said. I think I understand the gist of your comments, but do also feel the need to clarify the remarks concerning God not being concerned with our happiness. The quote you mentioned is an example of how even the "greatest" among us can misspeak. God is indeed concerned with our happiness. As a matter of fact, immediately after he created mankind, he blessed them (see Genesis 1:22). One of the primary meanings of the word 'blessed' is to be happy, not just happy but enviably happy. All through scripture, both old and new testaments, God has always told us how to be blessed/happy, and He does indeed promise us that if we listen to and do what He says, we are guaranteed happiness/blessings. To say that God does not want us to be blessed is heresy (i.e. a direct contradiction of what God has said) and should not be repeated. We are made holy because of the finished work of Jesus Christ who through His blood has made us holy; we are not holy because of any works of our own. Holiness (as well as righteousness) are credited to our account when we accept what Christ has done for us. Now that we have been made holy, God simply reminds us to be who we are. We sometimes mix up consecration with holiness. Consecration is what we do to keep ourselves pure from corrupt and contaminating influences. Consecration should be a reflection of who and what we are: holy. Holiness is a done deal! (Don't get me started or this post could get a little lengthy  :D). But you wrapped it up when you said, "Grace is amazing!" Indeed it is!  :)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

gracegirl

I LOOOVE you Gracious  and Deep waters,
I just wanted to chime in and say Da2b I feel you girl I too want a mate and have been depressed wondering Yo God What's up, I'm not getting younger? However, like Gracious said sometimes God will allow suffering in order to bring us closer to him or to get our attention. That's exactly where I'm at right now and I was fighting God tooth and nail, kickin and screaming until  I had no choice but to surrender all....to Jesus/ bless-ed saviour..sorry I have a habit of breakin into song. ;D Anyway, I just had to be still, literally! Like Shut -in.  8) I  got tired of fightin. :'( And  once I redirected my focus on the word and what God wanted me to do I have a peace right now. Don't get me wrong Flesh creeps in every now and again and throws me off a little but I'm aware of it and I check it. I was reading how God takes us through seasons.  Even though this is the one we hate, seasons change for the better or stay the same on God's clock...dependent on your obedience. ;)

da2bjeez

:D Wow the wisdom here is very much appreciated.

I steal asking and claiming peace, I really need it. I just want PEACE!!! I tha nk you all for prayinf for me, please continue. I truely do believe that God wants us to be happy.

P.S I don't have time now for more response, but will later.

Love ya!!

Gracious

God Bless You "da2bjeez",

If you want HIS "peace" ... GOD says that it's yours!!! (Galatians 5:19-23 ... but read the entire chapter for edification ... Amen?)

Peace is a "fruit" of The HOLY Spirit!

I feel you my sister & YES ... you are in my prayers :-*...

Did you know that ALL of GOD's Promises (which are many) to us are YES ... in JESUS!!! (2 Corinthians 1:19-20 ).  We truly can trust the LORD GOD. Why? Because God is utterly trustworthy. We can count on Him to abide by His words to us because God cannot lie. He is always the same - today, yesterday, and tomorrow. 

And, we know that The Bible says that... when we pray, we are to ONLY pray to our FATHER in Heaven (Matthew 6) - in the NAME of SON (JESUS The Christ).  In other words, we do not pray to ... our Lord Jesus (GOD The SON) or to GOD-The Holy Ghost ... we are to pray to GOD-The FATHER  --- Amen?

Here are a few more scriptural verses that may help you:

Quote When you need wisdom, it is promised: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally,and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5).

When you need strength, you shall have it: "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power" (Isaiah 40:28 NAS).

If we need direction, our Father will provide it:: "And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left" (Isaiah 30:21 NAS).

If we need to be forgiven, He will forgive: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness"  (I John 1:9 NAS)

SEE ...  just how FAITHFUL our GOD is???

Now, ummm ... Do ya' know "how" to walk in HIS Promises?  Sista', there are times in my life, when GOD sends HIS Messengers to remind me of & to teach me & to show me the right way ... & let me tell ya' ... Chile, I am soooooooo grateful!!!

Gracious

P.S.

Hey "gracegirl",

Wassup Susta'??? ... And I looove you too!

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Lotusblossom

;) Greetings and Warmest Blessings da2bgeeze
you know thank you for sharing your heart with us. Sometimes even
as Christians we don't want to hear the sorrow that perhaps may come
with serving the lord, or even the fact that we too can have sadness,
not only for others but for ourselves.  I encourage you to stay the course,
weather the storms and stay strong and grounded in his word, this too
shall past, and you shall be rewarded on earth and in heaven.  It is Gods
desire to bless you on earth.  I understand how you feel, and not just
the issues of ministering to others, but those desires you wish to have
for your own life, seems to be placed on hold, but know that god will
release your blessings right on time.  Waiting is only temporary, maybe
there are still some things in your life out of order, and god needs to transition you another direction. Be still and ask the holy spirit to reveal
to you what you should be doing.  You are being prepared, and your
helpmate is being prepared as well.  But if you are moving so fast in the wrong direction, you could pass him/her by.  WE can get in the way of
ourselves, but god gives us choice.  ;) So stand and give him the glory,
and praise him now for your mate, as though it is. Give god praise
for the smallest blessings in your life... make your heart glad, be of
good cheer, don't grow weary in well doing, and have a heart of
gratitude, that he even chose you to serve his people, and be a light
unto the world. Maybe through your intervention with others you
will find some compassion for "self love" we all need LOVE. Finding
a compatible mate is quite difficult but once we realize god already
knows the answer, rest in him, smile!

One thing important to know, you must first be a balanced happy single person, before you can be happy and married. So rejoice and celebrate being single, and later you can shout THANK YOU JESUS when you get that husband/or wife...  I know I will be, lol, lol, smile, giggles :P

Faith is like building a muscle, you have to work, work, work. 
One thing I have learn is that the more I learn about my savior,
life presents more challenges, but I try to keep in mind that God
isn't trying to make me suffer, its the enemy who come to rob,
steal, kill and destroy me, and turn me away from god.  To make
me doubt god, and his promises. We face a world of corruption,depression, greed, anger, hate, helplessness, sorrow, intolerance,
fear, fatherless children, hunger, poverty and so much more...
but this is not of god, and part of these disasters and destruction
is due to man conduct...god does not hate us, he loves us, and
until we begin to see that we are fighting against the enemy of
darkness, we will continue to hurt each other.  I have learn I
cannot change anyone, but I can change myself.  I realize that as
much as I want others to be blessed, if they don't ask the father to
come into their lives, then they make that choice.  We can be a
reflection of god, a fisherman of men, and We can share our faith,
and We can even tell people about him, but until you know him for yourself, as a personal savior, its only words, and that my friend
seem to be a great deal of the sorrows we face today.  NO morals,
no integrity, no sensorship of what we see & hear, children out of
order, families in bondage, angry people, fornication, pornography,
lifestyles that aren't of god, no humility, no substance, and not only
are we dealing with these issues of today, but generational curses
are upon us, and even the children. This must change through
fasting and prayer.

Just know that gods purpose for your life shall be fulfilled in this
lifetime... that is god's promise, you must believe that his word is
true and perfect, not man.  I commend you on taking a step of faith
to share. In your sharing it makes me remind myself to stay on the
path, to trust in god and know that I will be okay.  Someday, you
will look back at this moment and ask yourself... why was I so worried, when I have a father who is the creator of the universe, lol?!  When
you look at it that way, its like wow, he is great, he is good, Amen. 
Don't give up, and I won't either. Much joy, peace, prosperity, good health, miracles great and small, may you give more, love more,
serve the lord with gladness. 

FYI: I used the words him/her, he/she, wasn't sure if you were male or female, just covering basis, so that you will know it applies to both
genders, ok nite!

Hugs and Ladybugs
Waterless Dreams:> meaning no tears of sorrow, but of joy, Amen!

da2bjeez

OK HERE GOESSSSSS!!!

How funny is it that a Man of God shows up! Um he is wonderful, all this praying and know a man comes, I'm shocked. He is a minister and Loves GOD, we are in the same minstry. He is younger than me but almost everything I prayed for. He asked God to give me a sign about him. Is that wrong? He wants to make sure that it is God AND NOT HIS OWN. I need prayer!!

da2bjeez

OK no response!!!

Here is the situation. A friend of mine invited me to this youth conference thing, I really did'n want to go but I did. The young man that was ministering talk on the gifts. He was saying he is a evangelist and he's in deliverance, and he and his father minister together.

I wanted him to speak at our youth conference but it doesn't seem like it will end up that way. Someone @ the confernence give me his num to call, and I didn't even want to call. We have been speaking on the phone regular and he is truely a man of God. Now its been not even really a month and we can both see that God has his hands in this. Now my dilemma is that I think it could be a counterfeit, and not to long ago I prayed that I would not get any counterfeits. This guy is out of a hundred 95 percent what I prayed. My number one goal is that if it doesn't glorify GOD I do not want it. He also feels the same way strongly. Now he asked God to give me a revelation about him, and then we would know that God sealed and approved us courting.

Does anyone agree with this. I mean I really do, but could it cause some kind of problem?

Well I really like this guy, and find it strange that I have all my prayer warriors praying and he shows up. I'm skeptical and want to be aware of the devils tricks, but he has had such a wonderful impact on my life so far, and our friendship @ this time really does bring glory to God. I could see my self in ministry with him.

gracegirl

"...We have been speaking on the phone regular and he is truely a man of God. Now its been not even really a month and we can both see that God has his hands in this. Now my dilemma is that I think it could be a counterfeit, and not to long ago I prayed that I would not get any counterfeits. This guy is out of a hundred 95 percent what I prayed..."

Hey Da2,
All I can say is, if God's hand is in it then he wouldn't send a counterfeit. God's not the author of confusion. If you think  he may be a counterfeit...uh he might be.  :-\ You might wanna hold off before getting emotionally wrapped up in this brother cause you will most def have some problems in the future. FYI Satan sends counterfeit's in nice packages too,  to throw you off God's plan and purpose for YOU and you alone.  So you really need to be discerning before you have another conversation with him. ;)

God bless ya and keep ya :)