• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Keep quiet, or warn her?

Started by 1EagleSky, October 17, 2007, 01:10:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1EagleSky

Deep Waters family,

Hey everyone, and I hope everyone is doing well.

I've got a MAJOR situation here:

My nephew's dad, who formerly dated my sister years ago, has recently begun dating a woman at his job. Now, before he began dating this woman from his job, there was another woman to whom he was deeply attracted that worked at my nephew's school. This woman peeped what kind of person he was and didn't give him the time of day. She finally went on one date with him and invited him to a barbecue, but in essence told him that he was not her type and was lame as an individual.

Having come off that, he then decides to check out the lady who works at his job. He's commented out of his mouth many times before about her that 'She likes me, but she is not the type of woman I find myself attracted to, but you know, she's really intelligent, and has a good job and a car.' He, on the other hand, has no car and has never made an effort to get one, and doesn't keep one when he gets one. He lives with his mother, barely wants to pay her the $100 a month she charges him for rent, won't buy groceries (his mother is a diabetic and on a limited income), and eats everything up like a hog within a few days of the groceries being bought. He is satisfied with taking public transportation, even though he has two children and a diabetic mother who needs to go to the doctor on a regular basis. This is ridiculous, seeing that the region of the U.S. where we all live gets really cold in the fall and winter.

Anyway, I recently found out that this woman he's suddenly taken an interest in from his job is a Christian. She approached him from day one, saying, 'The Lord sent you here to this school so we could meet. You are the man the Lord sent to me. We're going to get married, and you're going to be my husband.' It seems she's said this over and over so many times that he is going right along with it. He is a Jehovah's Witness, and suddenly, he's been going to church with her almost every Sunday. This lady thinks he's so great, because all of the other guys she's met in the past have been thugs and low-lifes, and just because he's tall, athletic, and has a college degree and a job, he's "the man for her". He is most definitely not a Christian!

She has recently been looking at purchasing a house. Her family members are also helping her out to meet the down payment. All of a sudden, he tells her they should get engaged. She is in bliss at him saying this. He is still thinking stupid, saying to my sister things like, "Yeah when "we" get the house, I'm, gonna buy a 7 Series BMW with the closing check." When did this become "we"? This poor woman is so blinded and has so manipuated things under "the Lord led me" that I wonder if she will listen to anyone warn her about this guy.

He is lazy, abusive, and rude. He has beaten his other child (my nephew's half brother) so badly with a belt, that his eye has been swollen, he's had black and blue marks on his skin, and the boy has run away before, and also is very destructive and doesn't get along with other children. These things have been done as attention getting devices by his son, but the father does not get it. All he cares about is clothes and looking cute, and thinking some woman is looking at him.

I wonder if I should warn this lady about what he is really like, besides not really being a Christian, and tell her she should not marry him.

When they went to a barbecue over the summer, he was flirting with some women there and was all up in their faces. She pulled him aside and said if they were dating and there together, she'd appreciate it if she showed more respect towards her by not doing that. Do you know what he said to her? He said to her, "Yeah, I was talking and flirting with them, but I was only playing. You just got low self-esteem."

What do you all think? Any advice?

Gracious

Please forgive me 1EagleSky,

But my sweet sista' ... I really don't see why THIS, is or should be an issue for YOU to concern yourself with.  That is ... unless I've missed something in your post.  If so, please charge it to my head & not my heart ... Amen?
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

1EagleSky

No, Gracious, I've told everything. Maybe it's just me and my nature to not want to see people get hurt and wind up in a bad situation. My sister is no longer involved with him, and the only time she has contact with him is when he wants to speak to my nephew over the phone or if he calls to say he will try to send him some clothes or money.