• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

CANCER ???

Started by Gracious, May 01, 2007, 03:14:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cancer...What are your thoughts about this disease?

Yes, I have had a "complete" physical, and am Cancer disease free.
1 (100%)
No, I have NOT had a complete physical examination by my doctor, but I do plan on it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: May 11, 2007, 03:34:28 am

Gracious

Hello Everyone,

I'm really not sure if this is the correct category to speak about health issues, as this topic does'nt have to do with me ... but ... it was inspired by my loss of a GOOD friend whom I loved deeply ...

Sooooooo, it is my prayer that someone may read this & be encouraged to share their personal overcoming story ... Amen? Or at least visit the URL info. below, to at least gleen a deeper understanding about this disease we call - Cancer.

Beloved,

Ask yourselves:

Why should "I" care about this???

Do I have it???

At what age is this disease most likely to strike???

How old am I??? When was the last time I had a complete physical examination???

Whom have I loved & lost, as a result of this most debilitating disease???  Hmmm???

How long has medical science been aware & actively sought to develop treatment for this disease??? Do you know???  Should you know???  [/color]

Cancer

What is it???

"...Cancer is the general name for over 100 medical conditions involving uncontrolled and dangerous cell growth. Scientists suggest that some cancer is caused by genetic factors, while other forms are caused by environmental conditions. In other words, one patient may already have a family history of breast cancer while another was exposed to a carcinogenic (cancer-causing) chemical in a factory. Both suffer from cancer--the only difference is the root mechanism which triggered the abnormal cell growth..."
Written by Michael Pollick

Technical Definitions:

Pathology.
·  a malignant and invasive growth or tumor, esp. one originating in epithelium, tending to recur after excision and to metastasize to other sites.

·  any disease characterized by such growths

·  any evil condition or thing that spreads destructively; blight.

Terms / Definitions:

Pathology - (the science or the study of the origin, nature, and course of diseases.)

Malignant - (a harmful uncontrolled growth )

Tumor - (abnormal, circumscribed growth of cells)

Epithelium - (any animal tissue that covers a surface, or lines a cavity or the like, and that, in addition, performs any of various secretory, transporting, or regulatory functions.)

Metastasize - Pathology. (of malignant cells or disease-producing organisms) to spread to other parts of the body by way of the blood or lymphatic vessels or membranous surfaces.

Saints,

Now, I'm not remotely licensed in, nor experienced in the intellectually - opulent field of medicine, yet I'm concerned!!!  I'm concerned that more & more of them whom WE'VE all held (either personally, or from a far) most dear, are losing the fight for life daily ... because of IGNORANCE, as in the FEAR of knowing ... KNOWING about our temples ... as in what is in them that is good, and what is in them that is deadly/foul!!!

Oh sure, we saints tend to be the FIRST to sound off about ungodly behavior, yet we are the LAST to look in the proverbial mirror???  What is it that we would see???  What is it that we TRULY fear???  Is it death, or is it knowledge???  Hmmmmmm??? 

Then ... the final question ... Whom is it, on THIS day, that "WE" shall choose to serve ... GOD (the Creator, who desires us to walk in love, peace, and Divine health ... right here on THIS earth) or mammon (passively accepting the propaganda / the hype held tightly within the annals of the American dream) ???

For those who desire to know more, please view the following URL[/b]

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-cancer.htm

For those who have been told that this disease is active within them, and desire licensed-legal alternative treatment, please view the following URL:

http://www.webmd.com/solutions/complementary-care/sp/integrative-hospital

Help us FATHER, to choose WISELY,

Gracious

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&