• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

I'm separated. Should I date?

Started by Forum Administrator, March 13, 2004, 10:30:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Administrator

Should a person who is separated (and planning to get divorced) date other people?

What do you think?
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

Minister

No they should not date other people while they are still married.  The only grounds for divorce is marital unfaithfulness.  If he cheated on you, then you have the option to opt out of the marriage.  If you cheated on him, you are bound and not free to remarry.  Have you prayed about the divorce before you actually went through with it?

And if God is telling you divorce, then you should concentrate on your relationship with God instead of looking to date other people so soon.

ReeC

I believe that you should not date while processing through a divorce.  Regardless of the circumstances, he cheated, she cheated... God is still a God of a second chance and we are the ones that make mistakes not God.  So my response is 2 fold.  No you shouldn't date while you are still in covenant relationship, but I also feel that God is able to restore you and you can marry again and continue to fulfill the will and purpose of God for your life.  I don't believe that you are bound and can not re-marry.  What is the purpose of repentance, and redemption and restoration if God can't undo what the enemy meant for evil and give another opportunity to make it right....... and it doesn't necessarily mean that restoration is to that former mate.  God is awesome at turning things around and making every crooked path straight..... so if you are separated, don't date.... but don't feel like God can't do it again, He can and He will!
The earth is filled with treasures..... consider yourself a jewel...... ReeC