• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Yes Lord or lip service?

Started by Xanadu012, September 28, 2006, 03:32:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanadu012

In an effort to be more transparent I feel lead to post this.  It was originally posted on my blog @ http://inthemean-time.blogspot.com
I hope it was ok to include that?

I keep a notebook of my devotional time with the Lord. It contains the devotional book I've used for that day, if applicable, scriptures read along with a personal application or specific word from the Lord. This morning rather than reading the Word, the Lord had me review this notebook. As I glanced over the pages I had no idea as to what I was looking for, however, certain items did stand out. All of which made me nervous. Making note of these things I asked the Lord "what are you showing me?" He said, "you have not obeyed me in any of these areas." Once again I sat motionless and speechless. What could I possibly say to defend myself? The silence was broken with a stern "repent" of which my only response was "Yes Lord."

2006 has been a year of "Yes Lord's" for me. Called to the ministry? Yes Lord. Called to be armorbearer for the First Lady? Yes Lord. Consecrate yourself. Yes Lord. Seek My Face. Yes Lord and the list goes on. But how many of those Yes Lord's were merely lip service? I'm so glad our Lord is merciful and allows room for repentence. How easily we forget our commitments and vows to God, but He has not forgotten.

" Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths
And honor Me with their lips,
But have removed their hearts far from Me,
And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men."
Isaiah 29:13

"So they come to you as people do,
they sit before you as My people,
and they hear your words,
but they do not do them;
for with their mouth they show much love,
but their hearts pursue their own gain.
Ezekiel 33:31"