• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

vision from GOD?

Started by tippieangel, July 10, 2006, 11:37:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tippieangel

Hi this is hard for me because I feel like I'm doubting God but I 'm really just trying to make sure I 'm not misreading a vision.
I met a man a year ago. I was in noway looking for a husband. I was really in a all about me stage, REALLY. He was nothing I wanted because he was nothing I had ever had.Not a hustler or a drug dealer not abusive wasn't after sex. I tried everything to get him to "be" like the others but he wasn't. I started walking with the Lord shorthly after we meet(PRAISE GOD). And the Lord keep telling me not to sleep with his man(repeat pass mistakes) because this time it was going to be different. So, I follwed that.He was respectful and still is.Couple of months ago while on  21 day fast with my church I started receiving vision and they all came to pass.The one I 'm long for is that we would be married and in ministery together.I dreamed it and I claimed it.He's started his walk with the Lord and I pray for him daily.He keeps asking me if we are suppose to be together.I was sacred to tell him the vision.I know that he is a Good man I believe he's a man of God.Ijust don't see the manisfestationof a serious committed realationship yet. *(He's been divorced almost 4 years)Are my feelings making me unclear because he told me yesterday He can't be my husband Yet. Thing is I 've never ask him to be at all. I trust God and his plan for my life i just don't trust my emotions. every other vision has come to pass will this one? ???
tippieangel

Forum Administrator

Hello tippieangel and welcome to Deep Waters. Habakkuk 2 verses 1-4 say this: "I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what He will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith." (Emphasis mine.)

Just a few points. When you receive a vision from the Lord, the first thing you need to do is "stand upon [your] watch." This speaks of being prayerful. The watchman is the one who seeks God continually and consistently in prayer. Watch (in prayer) and "watch to see what He will say unto [you]." Secondly, "write the vision." Notice that it does not say act upon the vision. The only thing you need to do at this point is to make a note of what you believe the Lord is showing you. No other action (i.e. in an effort to effectuate the vision or "help" to bring it to pass) is necessary. Thirdly, realize that when God gives you a vision, it is usually for something that will happen in the future. The mistake a lot of us make is that we receive a revelation/vision from the Lord and think it is something we need to act on right now. Fourth, with that realization in mind (i.e. that it is likely a future event), wait for it to come to pass. God's visions always come to pass: "but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come." Another truth about God's vision is this: "it will not tarry." What that means is that even though you may have to wait to see the manifestation of the vision, when God begins to unfold that vision, He does it very quickly -- things will happen very quickly; so quickly, it will make the wait seem like it wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed while going through it. I speak about this in my book Though The Vision Tarry: Waiting For My Promised Mate (and Habakkuk 2:3 is the theme verse for the entire book). Lastly, and this is important: because the vision is "yet for an appointed time" you must wait for it by faith. This is very important. Keep your eyes on the One who gives the vision. Stay focused on Him in prayer and worship. Let your expectation be in Him and in Him alone. Forget about what things look like, or what the circumstances say. You cannot walk with God by sight or your senses (i.e. what you feel or perceive with your natural senses). You must walk with Him by faith, trusting in His Word and His Word alone. This will help you not to become anxious about anything (Philippians 4:6,7). Pray His Word back to Him (e.g. Proverbs 3:5,6); stand on it and wait on Him and all will be well.  :)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

tippieangel

Thank you some much. You really just gave me the word I need to make it on to see what the end will be. I thank God for this site and for the people that care enough to help you seek God's direction in life. That's something more people need so I'm going to tell everyone I know about deepwater. Funny really cause for months I've been saying I 'm going out into deeper water. I love the Lord and I find peace and understanding in his word. I'm thankful for each turn and bump in the road that at the time I thought knocked me off my path but it really just put me in a  place where I had to be still and know that he is God. Thank you again
tippieangel

1EagleSky

I was reading some of the replies earlier today, and for some reason, the comment made by Alethea about watching and praying about the vision, and not acting on it, really resonated in my spirit.

Actually, I am curious to know what has transpired since your last post with this man whom you feel God showed you in a vision was your future husband?