• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Special Moments with God

Started by bishopbiscuits, May 02, 2006, 01:27:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

......One of the beautiful things about relationship with God through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, is that we are granted the opportunity for intimate relationship.
.......Name an instance that you can never forget, that was a special moment in your relationship with Him.

....................................................................................................................................

............I remember one day during prayer in a church service, I was grieved by my own shortcomings and faults. I had always found it easier to forgive others, but hard to forgive myself. And I didn't like the idea of facing what I had done to Him, because I could not just make it alright myself,  knew that I "knew better", etc...etc... I felt like being unforgiven was something I should bear as punishment, in a way.
............So there I was, with one hand reaching out to Jesus, and the other caught up in self-pity, self-condemnation, and a fear of having stretched God's forgiveness too far over the years. I wanted Him, needed and desired Him, but could not free myself from my shame.

..........In my spirit I cried out,"How can You forgive me after all I have done?"
..........His simple reply was, "Because I AM God!"
..........(me) "But what about...."

..........Romans 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
   39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord

..........God took the necessary steps to remove all spiritual barriers between Him and us through Jesus Christ. Would I let my shame be a wall between myself and Him? Who am I to call myself "unforgiven" after I have been forgiven?

........God's forgiveness is "right now."  By the action of His love and His will, He can forgive and remember no more, that He may bring us from our "now" to the promise He has set up for our lives.

.........That day I realized that -though some things needed to be worked out in me- I did not have to bind myself up with some silly attempts to "realize my redemption through works." Or get caught up in "feeling" my forgiveness from God. It (forgiveness) was so, right then!
........... At the moment that I prayed forgiving others and repenting, forgiveness was mine. The challenge from there is to operate in righteousness, learning from the past and drawing nearer to Him. I am a work in progress. I just thank Him for progress!   ;D
.........When I must work through the consequences of my actions, He will help me. Always remembering that my present or past state as I see them, do not define the way He sees me.

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

.............THANK YOU LORD!!! For declaring your power and will to forgive me.  My goal is simply to honor this wonderful gift.
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1