• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

You Can Change the Game

Started by Forum Administrator, December 19, 2005, 01:22:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Administrator

Hi Blessed Women of God!

Hope you're all enjoying your afternoon. I have a story to share with you. The Lord reminded me of this type of attitude while playing a game of Uno with my daughter some days ago.

We were in our third game of Uno for which she has lost the first two. After dealing the third hand and I guess getting tired of losing :-) she looked at me and said, "I have a feeling that I will win this game." I laughed sarcastically and replied back, "Oh baby girl that's a great feeling to have, but you won't (win)." As we played the game, I was in the lead and seemed to be the one with the least cards in my hand, while she seemed to have at least half of the deck in hers. (If you know how to play Uno, you know the object of the game is to be the first player to get all of your cards out of your hand). As I looked at her hand I thought to myself, "there's no way she will get all of those cards out of her hand. This game is mine!"

As we continued playing, I had already counted myself as the winner and was basking in the glory as I teased her - "nan nanny boo boo!" But before I knew it, she was down to three cards while now I seemed to have half of the deck in my hand. She started throwing out draw 4's, skips, reverses and changing the color to colors I didn't have.

Before I knew it, the game was over and she had won. She laughed as she quoted back to me my words "Oh baby girl, that's a great feeling to have, but you won't (win)." All I could do was pick up my face from the floor and congratulate her as we laughed.

Immediately the Lord said to me "That's the kind of attitude we ought to have." Much like my daughter we should look the enemy in his face and claim our victory even when the odds of us being victorious are seemingly against us. And even when he has beaten us several times, we are to get back up and continue claiming victory in our lives.  When he laughs at us and tells us we'll never make it, we are to laugh back and tell him we will! When he looks at the outside and doesn't realize the power that rests, rules and abides on the inside of us, we are to still keep pressing to victory.

What dreams, goals and visions has the enemy tried to distort and abort in your life? What has he said to you to cause you to put your dream on the backburner? Did he tell you, you wouldn't make it? Did he tell you, you are defeated? What's holding you back woman of God from walking in your God given destiny and purpose?

Today I encourage you to go back to that place where you left your dreams and get them! Look the enemy in the face and tell him, not only do you have a feeling that you will win, you KNOW you will win, because the Lord has given you authority to trample on his head and to tear down his kingdom!

When I read the end of the book, I understood us to come out as winners. Let's not wait until the end to be winners, let's be winners now!! Because just like my daughter, you too can change the game!

Written by our own Deep Waters member, Purity. Used by permission.
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14