• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Should a woman look for a husband?

Started by Forum Administrator, April 28, 2004, 03:14:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Administrator

The scripture says: He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.  (Proverbs 18:22)

Does this this mean that a woman should not seek out a husband, but should wait to be found? What do you think?

(You don't have to be single to respond.)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

grace

This is something that I would have confidently said no to not long ago but now in reading the story of Ruth it's something I've been praying for clarity in myself.

I do believe it is ultimately the man who has to set the tone and propose and all of that but is it okay for the woman to let "her" feelings be known ahead of time and how would she know it's okay to do so that's my question especially in looking at a personal situation of my own right now without elaborating ;D.

Novelist

I am a single woman and believe that I should be found.  Not to say that it is impossible or not right for a woman to do that, it is not for me.  Everyone is different and depending on their personality, people do not waste time.  There are women out there who are initiators in relationships and if it she finds something incredible about a specific man, she will pursue him.  As for me, I rather for the man to approach me and if he prayed and received his revelation that I am his wife, I truly believe that God will deal with me.  Finding a mate is not easy.  

This is not easy for men, but God who is the head of the Church, has purposed men to be headhunters, navigators, and pursue their wives.  This is another year and things change, but as of right now, I believe men should still find their wives.  I just know that the words says a man who findeth a good wife, findeth a good thing and I have been taught that men should come to me first.  That was my upbringing, but it stuck with me for years.  So, men should pursue their wives.
Allow that man to find you and know that it was worth searching for.  On the other hand, if God has permitted you to go and find your husband, either way God is in control, so that is the importance above all.