• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Waiting

Started by bishopbiscuits, February 15, 2005, 09:26:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are the hardest to wait for?

An earthly mate
6 (54.5%)
Payday
3 (27.3%)
End of the workday/ week
3 (27.3%)
Holidays
1 (9.1%)
A desirable change of pace, like a vacation or special event or just a break
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

bishopbiscuits

Curiosity asks "What is hard for you to wait for?"
....Try the poll, and if you like, make a post. Especially if you have a story on how your waiting was rewarded.
......I chose some familiar occasions for the poll, but you can post on whatever topic you like.
.......BB
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Gracious

Hello Brotha':

On another thread, I shared something in my life, that distressed me greatly regarding my church-home, and as God would have it, I asked for help through the Godly wisdom of the saints on this site...and received it!!! (the thread was "Certain Church Folk")

You see, what I thought I needed, was for other folk' to change (in my church home), however, a strange thing happens when you go to GOD in prayer...and TRULY "SURRENDER" your burden(s) to HIM!!!...Rather than changing others...HE changes you (me!!!), which may simultaneously change how others act & react towards you.

Accepting Godly changes (God's Will) takes a whole 'lot of determination/faith...getting past personal pride (Things like...I'm right & they've wronged me...etc.) in order to live in a greater place, a more peaceful place...in Him...Amen?

Anywhoooooo, getting back to your poll choices; I chose the later selection because of the last four words... "or just a break".

Yep, torment regarding a person's church home can & will lean ya' towards feeling as though ya' just NEED a break...however, what I'd learned through both you and others that responded to the "CCF" thread was that sometimes a break from your "PERCIEVED" tormentor, may not necessarily be the answer, BECAUSE the bible says for us to RESIST the devil, not just take a break from him ...sooooooo, keeping this in mind; I had to be willing to at least consider the role that "I" may have played in my own misery...WHEW!!!

Through THE PROCESS of my "WAITING" (for a break through regarding my circumstance), a personal "divinely lead change of heart" TO JESUS...enabled me to move/shift & flow with HIS Shalom, making all the difference in the world!!!

For those who feel that they JUST NEED A BREAK!!!...Try Christ...wait on HIM to do...THAT WHICH YOU NEED!!!...........YOU"LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!

The Prophet Isaiah concerning the "HOW" of our waiting:

Isaiah 40:28-31 (King James Version)

[/color]28Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
   29He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
   30Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
   31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Holy Hugs,

Gracious
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&