• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Would someone respond to Single to Mingle?

Started by Novelist, January 12, 2005, 11:16:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelist

Being single is not easy, but sometimes it is required because we need to focus on what God wants us to do.  I wrote single to mingle because men and women want to feel worthy to date and have a relationship with God as well.  However, it may be different for everyone.  Life varies.  At times, dating can be sweet, then it brings bitter taste that leaves an aftertaste.  Someone respond please and tell me what you think.

Novelist.

christianthought

Hey Miss Lady  ;),
   It is not often that somebody asks a question that I have absolutely no idea about the answer.  This is one of them.  People from all kinds of different time periods have gotten married, regardless of their apparent readiness.  I don't know if God is just "tired," and wants more Christians to be ready, or if the sheer number of books telling us how to be prepared is actually making everyone hesistant and scared to become involved with the opposite sex.  Look at sex ed in High schools.  It actually works against it's initial purpose.

Novelist

Life.  It begins with God and of course it requires our efforts, especially the relationships we choose to engage.  You are right about sex in high schools, even homosexuality among young people have increased and most times parents nor family members have a clue as to what their sexual preferences are.  It is an abomination against God and he is displeased.  Getting back to singleness.  It is apart of being whole and rejoicing in your commune with God.  Yes, everyone is different, at least most of us should want to be gregarious and meet new people.  This is an expression of what our opinions are, likes and dislikes of what we accept.  For years I did not understand the concept of singleness.  Most times, I felt as if it was a lonely way of living and not having important relationships, but it has a significant aspect of single life because it is a way for us to be alone with God and begin to discover who we are before seeking to be with another.

Life.  It can be lonely at times, but it is the fact of life to face solitude because there has to be a time for God and yourself.  On the other side of singleness, dating is another option to pursue new relationships and build from there.  Mainly, I want to say that I am ready to become more than single, but I know that I have to go through some milestones in my life before I enter another relationship.  Does anyone comprehend my point?  Please express your thoughts on this matter.

Novelist.