• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Could living with a man cause sexual desires?

Started by Novelist, October 11, 2004, 02:07:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelist

For instance, if I was asked to live with someone, will it encourage us to go to the next level?  Not that we are boyfriend or girlfriend, but will that be wrong?  I know that some men and women can live with one another and have nothing going on.  However, by living with someone who is the opposite sex, will it arise a new heat of passion?  Is it wrong?  

ethereal

1) If you are in a relationship with a person, co-habitating with them is WRONG!! U CANNOT place yourself in wolves' den with raw steak hanging on your neck and not expect to be devoured.

2) If you are not in a relationship, you need to be aware of how your actions are witnessing to people around u. Just b/c nothing is actually happening doesn't mean that people are not thinking it. What if you had to witness to an unsaved neighbor about staying pure or respecting boundaries? By them seeing you living with a man, it makes it that much harder to get an audience with them. U have to spend time explaining, "nothing's going on, we're not in a relationship, etc" and hope that they haven't been put off by what they perceive to be hypocritical behavior.

3) I can pretty much garauntee you that something WILL go down if two people of the opposite sex share living quarters. Even if your bodies don't actually engage, please believe your MINDS WILL. If "thinking is the same as doing" wasn't true, then u might not have an issue, but since it is.....

Jesaira

Good morning, Novelist.

I have to agree with Ethereal, it is not wisdom to live with the opposite sex because it opens the door for sin.  As people of God, the Word instructs us to abstain from EVERY APPEARANCE of evil.  It may seem okay now, but as Ethereal stated, it may affected you later on if you are trying to witness to someone in your neighborhood.  Also, another scripture comes to mind...often we OFFEND in word, deed and action.  We have to be careful that our behavior/actions as Believers is not a STUMBLING block to those around us.

There is safety in the multitude of counselors!

Please know that wisdom is the principal thing...allow the Lord to minister wisdom and discretion to your heart.

**P.S.  I can get those scriptures for you later today.

Be blessed.

Jesaira
God's Chosen,

Jesaira L. Glover
And now I will show you the most excellent way...love