• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Confirmation

Started by shellylee, September 09, 2004, 01:32:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shellylee

It has been confirmed on 2 different occasions by 2 different anointed people that God is going to bless me with a husband.  I am trying to be patient.  Yet, I want God to give me a glimpse or a vision of who it is.  Am I wrong?  Gideon put out a fleece, then so can I?

Forum Administrator

Hi shellylee. If God has promised you a husband, and He gave you a glimpse or a vision of who your husband will be (as you requested) what effect will that have on your belief or faith in Him? I understand your request. I asked for a glimpse of my husband to be also. But when I asked for a glimpse, I already believed God; I was not asking so that I would believe. The funny thing is, God did grant my request and I didn't even know it at the time. The bottom line is that God wants our faith to be in Him not in what we see or don't see.

If God has indeed spoken to you, then what is required of you is a response of faith. Gideon already demonstrated faith in what God had told Him before he put the fleece out. If God has spoken to you, He will do what He says whether He gives you a "sign" or not. In other words, you don't need a sign.

If your request for "confirmation" is an expression of your faith, ask away. You should be asking God's wisdom and direction in all that you do (Proverbs 3:5,6; James 1:5). But if you're asking for confirmation as an expression of your doubt, don't bother to ask because God will not grant your request (James 1:6,7). To answer your question more directly: whatever does not come from faith is sin (Romans 14:23).

If you are waiting for God to fulfill a promise to you, there is a reason for the wait. God is either protecting you, preparing you, perfecting you, or pacing you (or all of the above). Let patience have her perfect work so that you can be complete and mature, lacking nothing (James 1:4). Don't be anxious: it will not make things happen any faster and it will make your wait miserable. I can guarantee you one thing: when you wait on God, He'll make it worth the wait! :-)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14