• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Man's role in contemporary culture

Started by jadekay, October 24, 2008, 10:54:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jadekay

In what areas of life do women voluntarily allow men to become leaders in the relationship? Especially in terms of dating.

Gracious

Quote from: jadekay on October 24, 2008, 10:54:32 pm
In what areas of life do women voluntarily allow men to become leaders in the relationship? Especially in terms of dating.

Hello jadekay & Welcome, to the DW Forums,   :)

Some prayerful thought for you to consider:

In your question, perhaps it is safe to assume that the "dating-practice/ritual" is an acceptable practice & pre-cursor for marriage?

I personally question the whole "dating-ritual".  And for those who deem this behavior, an acceptable (Godly-"Christ-like" or "Christ-centered") social practice, I have several questions for you:

• 1.    "How is the whole "dating-ritual" working for you?"

• 2.    Where ... in the entire canon of Holy Scripture, does GOD sanction his beloved children - to ... ahhh ... "date" one another?

• 3.    And if GOD's Inspiration (The Holy Bible) does not speak on this " contemporary behavior-pattern (dating), should we, as Christ - follwer's engage in this practice?

Prayerfully perhaps by introspectively answering these questions, you may be led "gently" to your answer (re: your O/P concerning dating)? 

Gracious

:)
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

jadekay

actually, God does call certain people to be in relationship. usually His Best comes along when you least expect it whether they are actively looking or inactively looking. The intent of this post is to address the thought of women preparing themselves for His Best with no intention of active pursuits in dating.

As a matter of fact, the intent of my posts are to help understand how to prepare for His Best without active pursuits in dating.

so . . . let me readdress my question in order for your premise to be properly corrected.

in what aspects of a relationship between a man and a woman should a guy be a leader?

Forum Administrator

Hello jadekay. Welcome. I want to be sure I understand what you're asking before I make any attempt to answer your question as you have clarified it:
Quotein what aspects of a relationship between a man and a woman should a guy be a leader?
You indicated that you are asking with regards to dating specifically, but at the same time you indicate
QuoteThe intent of this post is to address the thought of women preparing themselves for His Best with no intention of active pursuits in dating. As a matter of fact, the intent of my posts are to help understand how to prepare for His Best without active pursuits in dating.
If that is your intent, help me to understand what relevance that has to the leadership role a guy should have in dating. Wouldn't that be a moot point based on your stated intent?
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

jadekay

We seem to have different definitions of dating. What is your definition? This will help with clarification from my side and your side.