• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

The Ideal Situation

Started by 1EagleSky, January 19, 2007, 10:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1EagleSky

Just a comment....I really liked what David Dupree said some time ago about how God desires for singles to be both single AND "whole" before they get involved in a dating relationship or head towards marriage. This is so true, as you can follow all the rules and never date or marry an unbeliever, but then when you finally meet someone who could possibly be the right person for you, because you are not "whole", things don't work out as they could have. Maybe it is also possible that both of you are not totally "whole" yet, and need time to get yourselves together.

Just my opinion, but I truly believe the reason why many are not married or repeatedly have unhappy dating relationships is because they have not worked on becoming whole people. God in His mercy may cause "delays" in the relationship department to show you that you need to get yourself together and discover who you are in Him. I feel so many are missing this. They think the problem is with men, or women, or society, but it's not at all.