• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

When it's time to let it go

Started by 1EagleSky, January 06, 2007, 10:56:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1EagleSky

This is something that can be so hard to do, especially when you really attracted to and interested in someone. This advice applies to both men and women, but I ESPECIALLY  am targeting the women with what I am about to say.

Look, when you as a woman tell a man you're attracted to and interested in him, and he says he doesn't feel the same way,

LET IT GO!

Don't fall for that "but we can be friends" routine. Do you know how hard it is to be friends with someone you want, hope and pray for more than friendship with? If the man of your dreams agrees to friendship with you, only to avoid hurting your feelings, it will only be a matter of time before his true feelings come out....and then the "friendship" will come to an end.

The Bible says, "HE (not she) who findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favor from the Lord." FAVOR is powerful.  While there are debates about this, I also feel that in friendships with the opposite sex, men should make the initiative to start the friendship, not the women. Why? Well for one, I think it sets the stage for a weak friendship, and the man, in future relationships with women, friendship or otherwise, may not feel like he has to do much to keep the relationship going strong and ends up relegating all duty and decision-making to the woman.

Ladies, listen to what I'm saying! In the 1st place, no matter how tempted you may be to tell him how you feel, even though in your mind you may be thinking, 'It's now or never', don't tell him how you feel.

2nd, if you've already made the mistake of telling a guy you like him, and he says he doesn't feel the same way, thank him for his honesty and leave it alone. Don't pursue a friendship with him, even if he says that is alright. You will save yourself from much emotional pain and wasted time and energy. Don't call, email, visit, fax, or write him by snail mail (regular USPS mail). Just don't pursue it any further.

Novelist

Sky,

You have made it plain and simple, although it is not sometimes.  Letting go is like taking one last breath to some of us and that's because our hearts were embedded in that individual.  Personally, I have experienced various treatments from men, especially when they knew I liked them.  Most times, I did not admit I had those feelings at first, but eventually his true feelings for me would show.  From experience, it was always the other way around for me.  I woud like him, but he had a girlfriend, not interested, or just don't want to be bothered with me.  It was time for me to let go as much as my feelings were hurt, I found it impossible to get over.  Letting go is not only a way to regain your strength, it teaches us that we do not have to carry the weight of our broken hearts on our shoulders.  Letting go is release and a time to start re-investing in ourselves.  Sometimes, I find it hard to let some things go, but I have to keep working at it because I will continue to hurt if I hold on.  So, when a man says or shows he is not interested, let it go.

Novelist.