• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

careful don't trip

Started by tippieangel, November 15, 2006, 09:01:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tippieangel

Have you ever just saw the enemy coming and you knew to hold up the sheild of faith but you still got hit?

Like when you just can't wait to hug and kiss your child or mate and you are just filled with  :-*I love yous and how was your day. You know just happy thoughts about seeing them and WHAM they have an evil UGLY smartmouth bad attitude!! :o And you can feel in your spirit before you even get close enough to see it on their face.

You try to re direct you try to continue to smile and hold on to that wonderful feeling you had right before you got there. You start telling yourself it 's o.k. it s just a little ruff, see what the issue is and go from there.(praying)

But like the sneaky snake the enemy is he slides his way around your feet and BAM :P you trip you didn't mean to get your words caught up(now you've caught the ugly) and stumble into "I don't know what's wrong with you but I 'm not dealing with it." You held up your sheild  you saw the enemy in front of you praying you knew you were suppose to give them the love you had been waiting and wanting to give them But some how you still got tangled up.

My question is WHAT DO YOU DO ???  How do you un tangle your feet and still hold up the sheild???To me there is nothing worse than aruging >:( when you meant to be HUGGING. ;D

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks in advance Tippie
tippieangel

LENA

Just because you tripped doesn't mean you have to stay down. Right?
What I normally do is apologize,hug and kiss that person and let them tell me about their day or why they are upset. Sometimes I even try to go the extra mile by making them something to eat or something like that.
Mainly you want to let that person know that you care and that you want to help.
And if that person is still cold towards you make sure you don't trip again.  ;D

Remember:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

tippieangel

Remember:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

Thank you for that quote  It helps and I thought about it and if I stand with the Lord in times like these things will work out.  If God be for me who can be against me.color=Black]
tippieangel

bishopbiscuits

......When I get caught off guard like that, I know that I will have to make a fast adjustment. I quickly get prayerful and observant, because the truth may be that the demand of the  moment is ministry or service. The sooner that I realize this, the sooner I can put myself in position to see what  "need" is meeting me.
.....We like to think of our home as a "safe place."  We may take comfort in the regular routine of interacting with the people we are most familiar with. Which can make it easier to get caught off balance, because we are perhaps more trusting, open and sensitive than we may be in the outside world.
.........Gracious gave some good examples of some ways you can make adjustments. And we must give each other the grace to make mistakes (within reason). Hopefully, the same grace is extended to you as well, and you all can deal with the ups, downs, and all arounds, as a prayerful, healthy family.
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1