• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

esteem others higher than me??

Started by LENA, October 25, 2006, 08:02:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LENA

Ok here's the deal. Me and my ex broke up over 6 mts. ago and the whole time I told him I would still like to remain friends. For the past 6 mts. he sends me odd text messages late at night, tells me he still loves me, sends me pics of him toppless, and countless emails asking if I thought I would ever date him again. We also have made a few arrangements to meet for coffee, but he never follows through. I don't really get the feeling that he is trying to be my friend, and I feel like this is all a big game to him, seeing as how he is dating some. I know that if I tell him this he will deny it all. So my question is.. is it ok for me to just stop communicating with him with no explanation even though the Bible teaches us to esteem others better than ourselves?
Also I was wondering if he's really trying to be my friend and just doesn't know how, or is this some type of game for him?

Gracious

LEEEENA,

How are ya' Sweetie???

Most times I've found that we ask as we do ... for one of two reasons:

• We truly don't know the answer (aka - Because our mind is not receptive to the Holy Spirit).

[li]We truly DO know the answer (aka - our mindful desires speak towards what will harm us, while the Holy Spirit within speaks ONLY the truth to us. Sometimes, we need encouragement towards the truth - and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that ... Amen? :)[/li][/list]

Sooooo Sweetie, I've read your post carefully & the two questions you've asked...[/color]

Quote"...So my question is.. is it ok for me to just stop communicating with him with no explanation even though the Bible teaches us to esteem others better than ourselves?

Also I was wondering if he's really trying to be my friend and just doesn't know how, or is this some type of game for him?"

... you've answered in your post, and for your confirmation, the answers are:

• YES!!!! it IS ok for YOU to just stop communicating with him with no explanation...

[li]YES!!!! this ISsome type of game for him[/li]
[/list]

Stay blessed & Be ENCOURAGED my friend ;)

Gracious[/color]

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

LENA

Thank you so much Gracious.
I would battle back and forth. I couldn't help but think I was being rude is some type of way. Or that I that my thoughts of ending all communication on my part was some type of bitterness, a Lord knows I don't like to hold grudges! (too much energy)

Thanks again :D

Theresa McFaddin

Leena, precious Leena,

Girllllllllllllll!  You gave yourself some key signs in the first part of your statement that let you know that you definitely should stop all communication with your "ex"!

First know this, the best thing he could ever be to you is an "ex"!  "Ex" refers  to a "past" relationship; therefore, there is no need to drag this man into your future.

Second know this, the fact that he sends you "odd" text messages "late" at night "topless" means that he is only after one thing...a sexual relationship with no strings attached.  Thus the reason why he probably never shows up for coffee...

Precious Leena, you are way to valueable to be treated in a common manner.  Protect your assets and leave him completely alone.  The scripture you are attempting to attach to this situation, "esteeming others higher" is not appropriate for this situation and taken way out of context in regards to him.  Perhaps you should read, 2 Timothy 3:1-7.  Be a wise woman that doesn't allow anyone to worm their way into their heart our house!

I believe you have posted this question, because your desire is to make wise decisions.  Follow peace & be encouraged as you move forward and not backwards.

blessings to you, your sis in Christ... Theresa

LENA

WOW !!!
That passage was on point for me!! Whew I don't want to be that silly woman no more!!
Thanks for setting me straight. I would sit and think to myself how could this man that loves God so much, intentionally do things to hurt me. Now I see why.

Thanks again for your taking the time to let me know what's really up.

bishopbiscuits

Sister Lena  :)

........The situation may not be neatly "tied up" the way you might like, but when selfish, manipulative people are involved, moving on is often the best and only option. Sometimes trying to make everything "nice and neat" leads to getting caught back up into the situation that you need out of  ::)

.........Lena -and any of my sisters in Christ reading this-  please remember this: You are wonderfully made. You have within you a richness and glory that is given by God.
*********************************************************************************  
...................As the oldest  brother with two younger sisters I love, it means all the world to me that ANY man interested in them come right.  I am protective of them, because I know that not just anyone can begin to appreciate their value and worth.
...........My desire is that they always know that they are cared about in an unconditional, enduring way.  Not just because of any natural care I may have developed for them as we grew up together, but moreso because of the promise. The promise of their individual glory from God yet to be revealed and experienced in their lives.
......And the promise that I made within myself to help remind them from time to time that they are precious, they are a blessing, and that they are unquestionably worth investing in.
.......After this same manner, I desire the best for you all.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    BB

P.S.  ..........It is only right that a man seeking to be involved with you should come correctly. In the nature of Christ, and with respect for the fact that you are not your own. He must have his own active sense of accountability to God, because there should be a dialog where permission and/or instruction is sought from God regarding your fellowship.
...........I believe that any man who would ask you to say "Yes" to what they want to do (out of selfishness) while ignoring God's  authority and will regarding your life, is not prepared nor suitable for you. Because their current path would take away from your life rather than add to it.

P.S. 2  ....If sin or circumstances  have separated you even temporarily from being able to recognise that greatness is within you and great things are for you through God, I just wanted to remind you. :) :) :)
...... Pursue Christ and let Him reveal and bring out your best. (He can also appreciate your struggles, and deliver you from any "weeds" in your heart that interfere with reaping a fuller spiritual harvest in your own life.) Leave your shame in the dust, run boldly and swiftly to God, whose love for you is greater than anything that has been stacked against you in life.
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

LENA

bishopbiscuits,
  Thank you so much for your response. You hit it right on the head for me. I wanted everything to "neatly tied up". No hard feelings no drama. But I have learned that there is only so much I can do.

Also as a young woman I know that I am wonderfully made, but sometimes I act as though I don't believe it, and I accept any kind of treatment. Allowing the enemy to pick apart the Word and use it against me. Thinking that if it sounds like the Word of God it must be Him speaking to me. Forgetting that the enemy goes to church every Sunday just like I do.

Thanks again for your wisdom and insight.  :-*