• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Is there One???

Started by HisPrincess, August 01, 2006, 04:58:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HisPrincess

Hi All, I am new to Deep Waters and I love this site!!  I wanted to put the question out there (and forgive me if this has already been covered), but I wanted to know if there is anyone out there who is happily single?  ;D

I am 37 years old, never been married and have no children and you know what...???  I AM content!!  I am growning weary of others thinking that I need to be dating or hooked up with someone.  My co-workers, family, friend and even my hairdresser all are trying to "hook me up" with someone because they think I am such a "nice girl" and that it is a shame that I am not with anyone.  Why doesn't anyone understand that I don't need to be with anyone and that the only One who knows what's best for me is my Lord???  Thank God my mother is probably the only one who never pressured me to get married or have children.

Don't get me wrong, I do desire to get married and have a child(ren).  But I'm satisfied in knowing that this will happen in God's timing and that He doesn't need any help.  What can't anyone else understand that??? ???

It is getting so that I am about 2 seconds away from being rude and telling others to stay out of my life.  I like when I can come home on a Friday evening and my apartment is quiet enough for me to enjoy a  good movie and have my favorite snack/ice-cream.  :D  Or sleep late on a Saturday morning.  Or grab my keys and quickly run to the store for some milk and bread.  Peace and quiet, along with my solitude are treasures to me and I'd like to enjoy them for as long as I can.

Are there any other singles out there who are truly content to be single and are not preoccupied with getting married/having children???  :-X  If not, I am excited to be the first!!!  ;D
Ah, Sovereign Lord, You have created the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm, NOTHING is too hard for you.

Jeremiah 32:17

David Dupree

Hello HisPrincess!!  And welcome to DeepWaters.

You are not alone! But others like you are few and far between.   :) Just know you have one more level to true contentment in your singleness..and that level is where all those folks trying to "hookyouup" doesn't even phase you anymore.  Sometimes you bite at it and sometimes you don't.  It is the level where you are no longer agitated by any shananigan they may try to pull.  When you get to that level, then you will be truly content.   Hey, enjoy your life!

dd

p.s. Yes God doesn't need any help, but He uses "Ordinary People."   ;D
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

Gracious

Hey Susta' HisPrincess & Welcome,   :D

First, wooooooo chile I lUUUV that handle ... that name ...jus' AWESOME!!!  :)

Next, you are right ... there is a topic that susta' "moderdayEster" (I lUUUV that name too  ;D ) introduced awhile back ... that agree's with you TOTALLY ... Amen?

Point your browser below & be blessed:

Deep Waters Interactive Forum | Deep Waters Diving Board | The Lighthouse [Singles' Issues] (Moderators: Forum Administrator, David Dupree, Theresa McFaddin, Gerard Henry, Chrystal Green Gibson) | Topic: The funny thing about me   

http://www.deepwaters.info/forum/index.php?topic=260.0

Gracious
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&