• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

The Cycle

Started by Novelist, March 17, 2006, 01:00:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelist

Can anyone recommend specific bible verses in dealing with relationships and why they fail sometimes?  I wanted to know because I am going through some personal battles and it has been weighing me down as well as my relationship with others.

Gracious

Hey Sweetie-pie,

How ya' been?

Please allow me to share some thoughts with ya' ... Amen?

Flesh   vs.   Holy Spirit

Q.  Why is it that the "R..." word  (relationship) is sooooo distructive when it comes to men & woman.

A.   Because this "worldy - R..." process that has been thrust upon us (by the ruler of darkness) and as we know & accept "it" ... is completely out of GOD's order. We know that it is the Lord's will for people to have a mate if they desire one. In the beginning when God created Adam, God Himself made this statement: [/color]

(Genesis 2:18 KJV)
"... It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him" .

(Genesis 2:18 Amplified)
"Now the Lord God said, It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper meet (suitable, adapted, completing) for him".
[/color]

(Did GOD say anywhere in HIS Word, that This man & this woman were to enter into a "R..."  FIRST ... to see if they were compatible with each other ??? HMMM??? And if it didn't work out ... Whelp back to the drawing - board as it where - n' up popped a 'nutha Eve for Adam ... or vice-versa ??? ... Isn't that how we do it today ??? )

Q.    Then "HOW" do we know whom it right for us ???

A.    By developing/ackowledging a KINSHIP with that which was sent us to provide "GOOD-POWER" with-in us ... THE HOLY GHOST ... yes to develop the kind of "R..." with HIM, that when we need HIM ... we won't have to spend HOURS in ritualizing in prayer & consecration ... HE'll ever-only be a thought away!!!

THEN, consult ... "HIM" & brace yourself for HIS answer !!!

"...The Lord wants to bring a mate to those who will ask Him and have the PATIENCE to WAIT for His choice..."

Q.   Why? (This is our flesh speaking ... you know, common sense void of the Holy Spirit).    How in the "world" are two people (a man & a woman) to know whether they are suitable to each other if they do not enter into a "R..." with each other first? Most especially, (flesh still speaking) when it comes to sex.!!!

(I'd come across these answers ... read & be blessed!!!)

A. "... Many single people are constantly out looking for a mate, and they are miserable because God has not sent them one yet. They have prayed and prayed, yet they still have no mate. Some settle for Satan's provision instead of asking God for the patience to wait for the one whom He would send. If they would look to Jesus and seek to please Him, rather than being concerned about a mate, soon they would find the right one crossing their path. Looking for a man or woman to just keep them from being lonely or just to fill their needs or to be a father or mother to their children should not be the only reasons for desiring a mate. They also need to be concerned about what kind of husband or wife they would be for a mate. Single people are still much in the flesh if they just want their own needs met... by asking the Lord to fill them with His love and peace.

During Old and New Testament times, fathers and mothers chose the mates for their children. God's people were very careful to choose those who were "believers." We find this practice still prevalent in India and other Eastern cultures. The parents, being older and more prudent, made wiser decisions than the children in this area. The divorce rate in India is only about 7%, whereas in the USA, at the present, it is nearing 50%. Marriages that are loveless can be saved and restored simply by asking God to restore the love that was once there.

Sexual relationships (FOR ONE"S "OWN" SPOUSE) can also be healed by praying for a desire for one's mate. Prayer is a mighty weapon. God's love can mend and heal, providing people are willing to lay down their lives for their mates. His love will not fade, as does the love of the world..."

(2 Corinthians 6:14).
"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? "
[/color]

"...Messages going forth in our society today have stressed our "right to choose" but have not balanced it with the message that our choices also have consequences (especially in the area of lust and selfishness.) For instance, most movies have glamorized many things that are bad for us and have not generally shown the destructive results of adultery, fornication, abortion, etc..."

Deuteronomy 30:19:
"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live"
[/color]

"...These things do not often hit home until ----

• Close friends divorce because of the unfaithfulness of a mate

• One is infected with a venereal disease they will have for life

• A baby is aborted because of the lust and selfishness of it's parents leaving them struggling with guilt..."
[/color]

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 & 1 Corinthians 7:1-2
"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."
[/color]

"...Fornication is not just tolerated in our society but is actually being encouraged. The sin of fornication is being committed even among Christians, as many couples "live together" and have sex before marriage. The Bible tells us to flee this sin. There are Christians of the opposite sex who share an apartment declaring to all who would listen, that they were not having sex so this surely wasn't wrong..."

1 Thessalonians 5:22-23:
"Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Galatians 6:7
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."
[/color]

WRONG CHOICES CAUSE SOUL SICKNESS

"...Many people are sick in their souls because they have not known the ways of the Lord, and therefore have made wrong decisions. God wants to heal us in every area of our souls and bodies, as well as give us a new life in the spirit. To receive healing of the soul, however, we must understand it and why it needs to be healed, restored, and renewed.

The soul, or personality, is formed through a person's reactions to the information the mind takes in. The way each person chooses to react to the things he hears, the things that happen to him, and the things he chooses to receive as truth causes each soul to become what he, or she, is. However, when a person is born again, he becomes a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 6:15), and the soul can be changed and renewed through the Holy Spirit.

The mind is the intellect, with reasoning being the "voice" of the mind. If the mind remains unrenewed, not "healed," it will continue to think carnal thoughts, believe false information, and result in fleshly speaking and living.

There are only two ways: God's or the devil's. What man thinks is his own way is really Satan's way and puts him under the authority of the enemy. If someone is not for God, he automatically is against Him (Matthew 12:30). There is no possible way man can just do his own thing and think he is not making a choice. That choice is choosing Satan's way. Even "no choice" on man's part is a choice, because when we refuse to choose, others will make our choices for us. Satan causes men to follow him by encouraging apathy, laziness, or lack of responsibility.

The emotions were designed by God to express His characteristics, which are placed in our spirits when we become born again. Those are the "fruits" written about in Galatians 5:22,23, and other places. If we do not yield to the renewal process, we continue to act like our "old father," the devil.

When Paul wrote to the Ephesians about "crucifying" the old man, this is what he meant (Ephesians 4:18-24).... When something is crucified, it is put to death.

Every Christian needs the things of his old nature (which are part of his unregerated soul), to be put to death in order for the life of God to permeate the whole person. We have been given the power through the Holy Spirit to overcome sin in our lives. We can choose to obey God and He will empower us to overcome every sin..." [/color]

Roman 6
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[/color]

"...Instead of pursuing holiness, many Christians have just allowed Christ to dwell in their spirits, but have not allowed Him to renew their souls and heal their bodies. 

As soon as a person is born again, he should begin to make the choices that will put to death his old ways of thinking, talking, and acting, and allow the Holy Spirit to replace them with God's ways..."

I know, Iknow it's LOOOOOONG,,, but hopefully (if you've read it all )... prayerfully you'll get the point that set me FREE from the roller-coaster ride of the "R..." word ... and that is:

Perhaps the "only" RELATIONSHIPS that any of us ought to be having ... are with:

• "Abba- Father"

• Parents

• Family

• Heaven sent freinds ???

[/b]

Gracious[/color]
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

David Dupree

Hi Nov.

I hope you really pay attentionto the response by Gracious. She has some tremendous pearls in there for you.
I will just add one of my favorite verses.

Prov. 19:21 Many are the plans  in a man's heart; but the purpose of the Lord shall prevail. (NIV)

KJV says like this:  [There are] many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

Novelist

Gracious,

Your words are pearls to me! God has given you the scriptures for me to digest and I appreciate your wisdom.  You mentioned I Corithians 6:18-20 and I Corithians 7:1-2 speaking about fleeing from fornication when it will lead to death.  It also stated that we sin against our own bodies, which is true because God does not want us to desire those fleshly thoughts.  Surely those scriptures has meaning and I need to apply that to my life.  Thank you for sharing your jewels of wisdom with me.  Relationships are apart of life, however, my relationship with Christ matters.  In due time, God will send the mate I need in my life.  God is still good and I have to keep in mind of his grace and mercy.  At times, I found myself having a hard time being single because it has been so long, but actually I am not ready. 

Furthermore, carnal thoughts are not of God as well and I am making efforts to keep my mind from going there and not act on my sexual desires.  Fornication is sin.  The great  thing is that God has forgiven me and I am honest about my struggles.  I will keep in touch with you regarding my progress.  Thank you and God bless you.

Gracious

My Freind ... Novelist,

It is so encouraging and thoughtful that you would share your thoughts re: what GOD used me to share with you. :)

Oh YES .. I thank GOD for showing us how to...

(let's see... how does my Pastor say it ?)

"Make IT LIVE" ...  Amen? & I thank You, for your receiving :-*

Looking forward to that "Praise report" ...Amen? :D

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Novelist

It's me again.  Unfortunately, I am not doing great right now.  I had to endure some situations that happened recently and I am not making no excuses, I am upset with myself and other things that are happening, but I wanted to finally respond because I know it has been a while.  I will be having a praise report soon, there has to be something more to my life than heartache all the time.  Pray for me. 

Novelist.