• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Streamlining

Started by bishopbiscuits, November 11, 2005, 10:01:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

( please pardon the lack of specifics  :) )

.......I am taking and making the time and opportunity to right some "wrongs" in my life. Taking advantage of the resources that I have to build for the next season in my life. A season of fulfillment.

In the past:

........I didn't want to wrestle the alligator of "what if" and put myself to the real test of moving from "vulnerability" into strength through God with regard to my talents.
.......I let myself in the past be satisfied with just glimpses at my potential still being around, instead of harnessing it and directing it towards my vision. Which left me feeling hollow at times when I would see others operate in some of theirs, knowing that my best was still in the closet of my heart.
........Finacially compromising myself was a quick way to compromise my peace. The frustration that came with compromise seemed to steal some of my hope and affect multiple areas of  my life. My ability to flow in my gifts being one of those areas.
...........I had too much unsettled "stuff" in my heart, so I was always shifting my focus. Living detached from a core or primary vision and direction that I was willing to challenge myself towards.
........I had many excuses............, but who can live on excuses?

Can't have that anymore. Cannot thrive that way.

Now:

.......I am eliminating excuses. Being more proactive in the managing of "me."
.......I am bringing my finances back under control. Redefining priorities, so that I can grow from "just getting by" to "living well (as in at peace) and within my means."
.......Calling for order within me, and seeking God for direction. Judge what is acceptable, instead of accepting so much into me that I can't sort through it at all.

.......I am moving. Into the me that I can be through God.  I am leaving my fear and laziness and guilt behind. As in afraid to step out and develop raw abilities, then backing away from the necessary work, then stuck in guilt over neglecting the ability.
.......Now is my opportunity to move forward. I will not fear the hard questions, nor will my past be a weight to drag me down. I'll crawl, stand, walk, then run with what's in my heart to do in revealing what He has invested in me. Let it take root and multiply!!  ;D ;D ;D
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Breathedonme

That's pretty awesome.  I had to speak from this scripture yesterday morning -- I pray it blesses you.  1 Peter 4:10 -- it talks about each of us (believers) have spiritual gifts.  We are to minister it to one another, being good stewards (or managers) of these gifts through the manifold grace of God.  (My paraphrase).

I pray this scripture blesses you as it did me.

God bless!

cjeani

Hi.  I am very moved by your testimony.  I was curious when I saw your topic, more like drawn to it.  After reading it, I just had to thank you for sharing.  I found my confirmation.  I too have been living too long in the shadows of who God has called me to be.  Paralized often by fear, doubt, laziness, and the wrong support group speaking into my life and consumming my time.  God has been stirring my spirit and leaving me restless as of late, because I know that he has called me to a higher level, and yet I have been to weak and tired to move into the next place in him.  I am also in the process of correcting some things in my personal life so that I am free to move forward.  The hard part for me is getting certain people out of my life or from placing so much demands on my time and personal space.

Be encouraged and keep us posted of your journey.