• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

What's not to like? Huh?

Started by LadyU, June 08, 2005, 04:27:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyU

I am a nice person. Loveable, cute, and funny. I show myself to be friendly. I am very likeable, unselfish, and filled with lots of personality. So why do I have a hard time forming meaningful friendships, or frienships period for that matter; like-minded friends, Christ-minded friends?

David Dupree

Hi LadyU and welcome to deepwaters.

You need to be thankful!  You are being protected and you don't realize it.  I know you would love the friendships.  And they will come, eventually.  You are being protected from the wrong kind of friends.  You are being protected from those who would drain you.  You are being protected from those who will be your friend and not your confidant and fail to guard your confidences. 

But use this time as a time of growth and development.  God wants to grow your friendship with Him before it is tainted with many others.  You know God is a jealous God!

Stay in a place of worship studying your Word and keep a mindset of prayer.  You will see the changes coming cause the friends you want to have today as a caterpillar crawling won't be the friends you have as a butterfly flying.  :-) 

Allow God to do what He is doing, even if it feels uncomfortable.  He really does know what is best for you.

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

pressingon

I've been in that same place.  I felt so alone.  But it was there that I really developed my personal relationship with the Father.  Once your relationship with Christ is where it should be.  He will allow others to share your life as well. 

David, thanks for reminding us that we serve a jealous God.  Sometimes we forget that attribute of our Lord.

Don't work so hard at trying to form friendships.  When they come from the Lord it will work out naturally.  In the meantime remember he's a friend to the friendless. :)

Pressingon
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 3:14

Novelist

This is a timely subject for me because I am facing loneliness by trying to build new friendships and it is tough.  I want like-minded friends who are going in the same direction as me and it hurts that anyone does not see the quality in me as a friend.  For one, I had a bestfriend and we are going through a period where we are not close as we use to be.  Though it was my insecurities in making this decision, I wanted to launch out and form new relationships.  Being alone or feeling that way is not a good feeling.  Sometimes, I wonder am I a square or what because people do not find interest in me when I think they should. 

I am humorous, reserved, I like to have fun and laugh, and do activities even if it is watching a good movie.  I believe that I am a good friend and a trustworthy person, although I have habits that I need to eradicate and improve on the way I feel about myself because that is the reason why my friendship has gone downhill because of my thoughts and attitude toward things.  So, I know how it feels because I want friends and when I feel lonely, it makes me feel unwanted, unimportant, and unworthy, so I know that God is helping me to change my way of thinking.

Novelist.