• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Trust God or Being Deceived?

Started by MissPoetry, June 05, 2005, 08:43:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MissPoetry

(I've posted this in the single's forum, but wanted the ladies input especially)

God has showed me who my husband is to be.  God told me this before this gentleman and I became friends.  I wasn't sure if it was God, but the Lord sent me confirmation of this.  The gentleman began seeking me.  During the past 4 months, we have grown very close.  He intiated the friendship by emailing me.  We began emailing each other everyday, all day.  Then he began calling me everyday on the phone.  He is a member of my church, and therefore, I see him on a pretty regular basis.  To shorten the story, we have gotten extremely fond of each other.  We have strong feelings for one another and a lasting friendship.  He has told me on more than one occasion that he loves me and can't hide his feelings toward me.  I believe this because his actions support it.  He calls me everyday, just to hear my voice;  he wants to see me during the course of the week and he shows affection toward me every time he sees me. 

The root of the problem is that he is in a relationship with someone else.  I have had a disscussion with him on several occasions that our frienship has taken on a different form and that we must step back and evaluate it.  The feelings we have and affection show toward each other is of a nature other than platonic.  We have decided to step back, and he has respected that.  It is difficult for him, but he has honored my wishes. 

We haven't spoken in a week or even seen each other, and we both have made it known that we missed each other deeply.  We decided to meet each other just to spend time with one another.  This is something that has been going on and on for weeks.  We decide to step back, but our love and fondness for each other brings us back together.

I've been trusting God and believing what He told me even before this gentleman said the first hello.  Have I mis-heard God?  Is Satan and his demons deceiving me?  Should I continue trusting God?

I truly love this man and want to spend the rest of my life with him, but I want to be in the will of God.  Am I doing the right thing by stepped back and letting it run it's course (God working it out).  Should I cut the friendship off completely?

Gracious

Precious Friend (MissPoetry) :

After carefully reading your post, I do have a response for you...

YES!!! The HOLY SPIRIT has been speaking to you...and HE (The Comforter) has spoken that this man is not for you ... at this time.

We woman, can talk ourselves into anything (MR. RIGHT NOW)!!!...Amen?

If the word "why" is in your thinking!!! Than, ask yourself why (please know that I say this to you...in Christian love) you've CHOSEN to minimize your Godly feminine importance, by investing your emotions and time towards a man... that maintains a relationship with another woman ???

Quote"...The root of the problem is that he is in a relationship with someone else.  I have had a disscussion with him on several occasions that our frienship has taken on a different form and that we must step back and evaluate it...."

If this man is as WONDERFUL as you say that he is, "why" then, does he not show himself to be honorable, by doing what is morally righteous ??? If he is as interested or drawn to you as you say, then "why" has he not come to you "FREELY"...blessed of GOD!!! "WHY" do YOU have to be reduced to stopping and starting (listening to the HOLY SPIRIT...by backing away from this man...one week, only to see him the next ???

Truly, my Sista'...you know what you should do, and in your heart of hearts, you know who's voice your listening to...when the impulse strikes you to receive this man.

Trust yourself...YOU who are fearfully & wonderfully made...let GOD arise within you...

You'll be PLEASANTLY surprised at how your CREATOR has prepared your destiny!!!

Gracious :-*[/color]
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&