• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Love

Started by Novelist, April 12, 2005, 03:30:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelist

Love.  It symbolizes Christ and his love for us.  Love.  It quenches our thirst and amazingly shines through our pain and suffering.  Love. I ponder genuine feelings as an act of affection, respect, royalty, and fidelity.  Love.  I see it as a picture of colors, as radiant as the crystals transparenting through light.  Sometimes, I am afraid of love, due to the hurt that came consequently.  In my past, I have been infatuated, never in love.  Yes, I want to know what love feels like and encompass the heartfelt feeling to love and being loved.  With love, life is full of animation and vitality.  I was infatuated numerous times, yet love has not made its way to my heart.  This is an awkward vibe.  I want to fall in love, yet it has not fallen for me.  What to do?  Where to go?  For I know that Christ loves me, then why do I feel empty?  Humanly, I want the human touch, and I know that having Christ is everlasting.  Falling in love is not an easy encounter.  It can take time or no time.  Sometimes, I am afraid of knowing what love is.  I do not want to hurt again.  My infatuated heart was broken before and to see what real love is may refrain my heart from experiencing the real thing for me.  Therefore, love is not fear, it is due to inexperience that creates fear, to reject and numb the pain from recurring. 

Love is endless.  It does not hurt, it heals.  When hurt results from love, it was an error in the mixture of what was attempting to manifest.  Soon, I hope to fall in love.  Before I can give my heart to someone, Christ must have all of me first.  Love.  It is quite interesting, yet it is much needed.

Novelist.

Gracious

Posted by: Novelist  Posted on: 04/12/05 at 03:30:36 
Quote"Love.  It symbolizes Christ and his love for us.  Love.  It quenches our thirst and amazingly shines through our pain and suffering..."

Dear Novelist:

You are sooooo right, my sista'...Perhaps, mothers & fathers would do their children a great service, by training them in the above manner (re: your quote)...by providing a more healthy start...by explaining...AGAPE-L-O-V-E and how this L-O-V-E applies in every relationship!!! 

If a person doesn't have an intimate relationship with the "CHRIST of their faith"...that individual will still attract worldly intimacies (roller-coaster affairs)...and shall eventually burn-out; causing severe insecurities/low self-esteem issues!!! And a widening disconnect with GOD!!!

I'M THINKING:

Is L-O-V-E really the "pressing" concern here ???

•   I'm thinking nope...NOT the L-O-V-E that some have come to know!!!

•   I'm thinking that many of us are wise enough to understand that we are missing something ...AND... our flesh (hormones) dictates that THAT "THING" is INTIMATE/PASSIONATE-ROMANCE, and we equate this with... L-O-V-E...Most assuredly God has placed said desires within us...BUT...do these desires have anything to do with...the truest L-O-V-E...the kind of loyalty a woman feels for her husband...even after a near fatal disaster that leaves the husband virtually completely paralized (Yeah... an extreme example - "Christopher Reeves, the actor")...Jus' thinkin'...HMMMMMM???

•   I'm thinking that John 3:16 epitomizes "true" L-O-V-E

•   I'm thinking...that NOWHERE in the above scripture does my bible speak of equating INTIMATE/PASSIONATE-ROMANCE with L-O-V-E

•   I'm also thinking that GOD placed us (both men & women) to dwell together on this earth, for much more than procreation...to enjoy/enhance one another (bond), to befriend (bond), to learn from/teach each other (bond), to PROTECT one another (bond)...etc!!!

•   I'm thinking, that the above "bondings" have more to do with "true" L-O-V-E (what GOD intends for us)...that we are to L-O-V-E each other as CHRIST loves the CHURCH

"...Blessed be the ties that bind our hearts in Christian L-O-V-E..."

Gracious
[/color]

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Novelist

The topic of love is far-reaching, yet it plays a major role in our lives each day.  I appreciate your response and thank you for expressing your opinions of love on the forum.  Love is more than words, it is what you do.  Taking action on love is an act of affection and in order to feel that love reciprocated, we must invest in others by loving them in how they would love us.  Christ invested in all of us with a price and he paid it in full.  Personally, I take love seriously, yet I have much to learn in life.  Love is the key and until we can hold on to the master key and open ourselves, we will continue to lose our way into another's heart.  Most times, we will lock ourselves and refuse to open the door to our hearts.  Indeed, love is tangible in flesh and spirit and we must carry it with us at all times. 

Love,

Novelist.