• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

I thank God for this forum

Started by pressingon, February 11, 2005, 02:17:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pressingon

I've only posted 1 time and I think it was a reply to someone else.  But I learn so much and I've grown so much from reading the posts in this forum.

I purchased and read the book "Though the Vision Tarry..." written by our Forum Admin Aleathea Dupree.  It was a true blessing.  We use that term so loosely but it really was.  I encourage all to purchase it.

I could relate to many different parts of her testimony.  I'm sort of in an in between state right now.  I'm not single, I'm not married.  I'm going through a divorce with my husband, he was unfaithful and made the choice to leave the relationship.  At first I considered it to be to my detriment.  I would have done anything to make it work.  I never wanted to be a single mom to my 5 year old daughter and I never wanted to be a divorced women at 27.  But as God opened my eyes to a glimpse of his plan for me.  As he begin to show me all the warning signs and red lights he flashed before me that I chose to ignore so I could do my thang.   I realized that this is really a New Beginning for me.  God cared enough about me to not give me what I wanted but what was best for me.  I'm committed to living holy now.  When we met my husband I was 18, I was saved but I was not living a life of holiness.  My child was conceived outside of the marriage and we both got married I think because we thought it was the best thing to do.  We were unequally yoked and he could never understand my hunger for God's Word and to work in his ministry.  Now I'm able to work in God's ministry freely.  What the enemy meant for evil God has truly worked it out for my good. Romans 8:28

Just wanted to share.
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 3:14