• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

The Child Inside...An Inner "Auto-Remote"

Started by Gracious, December 20, 2004, 06:49:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gracious

Hello Everyone:

Children consistantly speak to the child inside of us. If we truly make an effort to listen...they will guide us to a place of spiritual purity. After all, they are closest to the heart of God. The following, was an experience (of many) where I gained such understanding. May it be a blessing to you, as it was for me.  
Read-n-be-Blessed!!!

Oh, I'd say a few weeks ago, my heart led me to have heart-to-heart conversation with my niece. My sister recently divorced my niece's father, and I was greatly concerned for both of them. Well, as God would have it, my sister called me and asked if I would take some time within the days that followed, to talk to my niece. That evening I picked my niece up, for dinner. I'd planned on fixing her a nice home-cooked meal at my house (all her FAVORITE foods...hamburgers, fries, milkshakes :P...the whole nine...Yeah, I know... "Cholesterol Kingdom"... but she is a 13yr old beanpole, and unlike most kids, she NEVER is allowed to eat like that...it was gonna" be OUR little secret...that how FAVORITE aunties role).  ;D

Anywhoooo, on the way to my home, we passed by Red Lobster. The whining started!!! Oh PLEEEEEASE auntie...let's go to Red Lobster...PLEEEEESE!!!...I'll be yo' best friend, and I'll never ask you for nothing else...PLEEEEASE...auntie!!! I eventually gave in,  ::)turned around and to Red Lobster we went.

After being seated & served (she had steak & shrimp, I had the crab legs), we started talking. My niece said, AUNTIE, I know why we're doing this, you & mommy are concerned about me aren't you??? (We adults are sooooooooo transparent to children...they read us well) Well, after experiencing approximately 10yrs. of this "transparency reading" from my niece...I looked at her and said: "What took you so long??? I think your slippin' little girl!!!    

My niece looked at me and said: "Grammy already had this conversation with me...she asked me how I felt about my mommy & daddy divorcing. I told her that I didn't like it at all. Grammy told me that there were gonna' be lots of things in life that I will have to deal with, that hurt me inside my heart, and I won't like it at all...that's a part of growing...of life...she said...or something like that!!! Grammy picked up the TV remote and said: Take this sweetie...turn on the TV...now change the channel to a show that you KNOW is right for you...now, turn the channel to a show that you like watching when nobody is around...now what's the quickest way to go back to the channel that you KNOW is right for you??? So I pressed the "RECALL" button.

Well by this time, I was looking at my niece as if she had three heads.  :o She started laughing at me (rollin'). "Ok auntie darling...let me break you off!!!  ???What Grammy meant was that when I get sad...stop thinking...and start praying, which is like pressing the "ON" button for my inner remote! Let God do my thinking for me. When He's ready, He'll tell me when to press my "AUTO-RECALL" button and just like that!!! I'll be in a place that's good for me...The only thing I don't get is, why He takes sooooo long???

Gracious

P.S.

During this season of GIVING & Rememberance...show yourself kind & good to children...AND...try to LISTEN to the child inside.
[/color]
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

ethereal

Gracious,

That is an awesome story. It never makes me wonder why Jesus said, "unless you become as one of these children, you shall by no means enter Heaven." I have had my child say things to me that blew me away and I KNEW that they had come from God. He's awesome the way He works!

P.S. Grammy nailed it with the remote
P.P.S I think you got "played" on that Red Lobster deal :D

IEve

That was a beautiful story.  And you did get played on the Red Loster deal, but I understand.  That is what Auntie's are for.  

Anyhoo, the "Auto-Remote" is an awesome gift from God.  It would be applicable in a variety of situations.  I thinking "cast down wicked imagination" -- especially when Grammy said, turn to something you like watching when no one is around.  

I read and was blessed.  

Gracious

Hello Beloved:

"Precious memories...how they linger..." :)

Etheral & IEVE......Whaaaaaal...show'-nuff'... I truly did get played on the Red Lobster deal..huh  :P

I hear ya' sista' IEVE...that is what aunties are for..."cause when I looked into the eyes of that young-beautiful-"woman in training", trainin' me ::)...the child inside came right on OUT - n - nothing could I deny her!!! :-*

Your right!!!...Grammy, did nail the "Auto Remote" thang'...didn't she. ;)  But that's Grammy...doing what "good" Grammies do...steer the ship!!!

Yeah, they let us adults take care of the engine...making sure all parts are well oiled. But God's Grace is soooo AWESOME, that HE blesses us with earthly guides (SEASONED SAINTS ;D)...to help keep us
level...a-float...and pointed in a "Healthy" direction.

Children need to be secure in knowing that they have our hearts...they also need to KNOW their mommys, daddies, BIG mommas (Grammies), Pop-ups (Grand- daddies), everyone of their aunties & uncles, counsin etc...if at all possible. This helps to create villages of communal(sp?) strength...ties that BIND!!!

When pondering ALL that is wrong with our youth, it's easy to fall into the "helpless pit".  But as King David of our SWORD was well-known for doing...he encouraged himself!!! We encourage ourselves when we take care of our home...cast down grudges (noone can hold  grudges like the saints...Amen?) And where at all possible...continue to perpetuate those spiritual FAMILY ties...created by the ALMIGHTY, to keep us bonded & binded to each other.

Thank you for your input...AND...Thank God fo' mama-n-em'  :-*

Holy Hugs,

Gracious
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Novelist

Your story was awesome and I believe that your niece had her own intuition of what you were doing.  Most times we think children do not understand, however, it is God who gives wisdom and understanding whether it is a child, teenager, or adult.  Surely, your niece has some insight about her parents' divorce and she knows that she is loved by her parents, you, and her grandmother.  Although you were persuaded into going to Red Lobster, you still made a connection with her.  It is aunts like you that make nieces want to spend more time and have fun because you are mentors.

An awesome story, the facts of life.

Novelist.