• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Domestic Violence Awareness Month

Started by Kecia Sims, October 22, 2004, 02:27:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kecia Sims

October is Domestic Violence Awareness month.  However, my prayer is for us to actively war against this demonic force in the spirit all year long.

This month has kept me busy counseling and doing presentations to empower the church that this is a serious issue that must be addressed within the body of Christ.

I wanted to post some resources that are readily available to anyone at any time.  Please use them or forward them to anyone you know who may be going through this situation.  If you know someone who has not made up their mind to leave an abusive relationship, please don't judge them.  Pray for them and encourage them to seek counseling and prepare a "safety plan".  For more information about a safety plan, go to the following website:

http://www.hsdcfs.utah.gov/violence_safety_plan.htm

More resources:
www.ncadv.org
www.domesticviolence.org
www.menstoppingviolence.org

Remember, domestic violence/abuse is not just a "family matter" it's a crime!

Be blessed and be safe.,
Kecia

wisdancage

Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the first Day of Unity observed in October, 1981 by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. The intent was to connect battered women's advocates across the nation who were working to end violence against women and their children. The Day of Unity soon became a special week when a range of activities were conducted at the local, state, and national levels.
Thanks